Thank you for considering Circling Rivers as a home for your work. We are open to works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and drama. All works we consider must be set primarily in North America, and must be between 15,000 and 40,000 words long.
Circling Rivers seeks strong writing, compelling men and women, immersion in a time and place; gripping adventures, love stories, family sagas; alt history, eldritch, folkloric, speculative; beauty, historical integrity, complexity, a stab at truth.
We are not seeking children’s or young adult, unless the work is equally interesting to adults, or “genre” science fiction, fantasy, romance, or erotica. We will consider new works by indie authors as well as collections that include a few previously published poems, stories, or articles.
To submit your work to Circling Rivers
- Send a query or proposal and the first few chapters, up to about 30 pages, of your work. (Do not send your entire manuscripts until we request it.)
- Send your query and the sample of your work within the body of your email. (Do not send an attachment with your email. Emails with attachments will be deleted without consideration.)
- Be sure to include your phone number, as well as your work’s total word count (page count for poetry or drama).
- Put the words QUERY [your name, title of your work] in your subject line to keep it out of our spam box.
- Please keep in mind that we are considering only works that are between 15,000 and 40,000 words long.
Send your query or proposal + sample to JeanH [at] CirclingRivers [dot] com